This last weekend really couldn't have gotten any better!!! Not only did we have Grady home with us during the day on Thursday and Friday, but I also had a ladies night on both of those days! Thursday was our quickly thrown together ward "girls night out"...we were definately excited and impressed by the huge turn out on such short notice! We had such a blast! Because there were so many of us, we all piled into the mini vans and went to Cafe Rio for an easier ordering experience. On the way home a few of us took a detour to Suzies Deals for a little fashion show (don't recommend it for clothes you plan on washing and wearing more than once, but what do you expect for $1?), and then to the local elk farm! Random detours I know, but way funny!!! We then finally all arrived at Amber's house for some yummy desserts, games and karaoke! It was my idea for the karaoke and I was a little nervous it would be a big disaster, but surprisingly everyone really got into it and we had a great time! There will definately have to be a karaoke night part II! We have so many amazing and fun girls in our ward...I feel very lucky to know each and every one of them! And for those of you who couldn't make it...we missed you!
.jpg)
(please stay tuned for more pic's...hint, hint Lynette!)
My other "girls night out" is titled "What you missed out on!"...this goes out to all the other 7 hermanas that should have been there with us on Friday night! (You know who you are!) We originally had a big BBQ planned for everyone, but one by one, we kept hearing excuses that the rest couldn't make it. So, Chelsey, Jenn and I decided to bag the BBQ idea and just go out to dinner because it would be "easier" and more "relaxing". We first had decided on Red Robin but quickly changed our minds after we heard the words..."1 1/2 hour wait". Then CHELSEY made the rash decision that we go to Village Inn becasue there most likely wouldn't be a wait...what a novel idea! (if you're over the age of 65 maybe!) As soon as we walked in I knew it was a BIG mistake...there were only 3-4 tables with customers and the rest of the place was empty. The smell there very much resembled the smell of an old folks home, and the pastel decor of the restaurant didn't help much either! Yet, we decided to sit down and take a look at the menu anyway since we were all STARVING! After the waitress brought us our drinks and we sat there for a few minutes just dying laughing about who knows what, we finally made the decision that none of us could bring ourselves to eat there and that we had lost our appetites. So, because I had my boys with me (Grady had a guys night out), we decided to use them as our excuse to leave. Even though they were sitting there as peaceful and calm as ever, when the waitress came back over to take our order, Chelsey said, very matter of factly, "I'm sorry, but we just have to get these boys out of here" (as if they were throwing a tantrum or something). So, needless to say, Jenn and I followed Chelsey out very embarrassed and headed over to Applebee's. To make a LONG story short, I wish I could say that Applebee's was a better experience, but it wasn't. The food was horrible, the wait was horrendous, and the service was even worse! (maybe we should have stuck with the BBQ idea?) Yet, we still managed to have a great time!! I seriously haven't laughed that hard in a long time! So, after our 3 hour dining experience, we headed back to my house for Jane Austen night part II. All I know is that I am hooked! Sadly, all we had time for that night was Mansfield Park, but it was a good one! Thanks Chelsey and Jenn for the good time! And to everyone else...that's what you missed out on! :)

Eating out...Take One! (Village Inn)
"I'm sorry, but we just have to get these boys out of here".
-Chelsey
Eating out...Take Two (Applebee's)
The boys new best friend...Chelsey!
If you can't tell...tensions were running high that night! :)
A relaxing ending to a crazy night! Thanks Jane Austen!
9 comments:
You get more girl's nights out than anyone I know! Lucky!
ok, seriously, my birthday is a legit excuse and i'm glad i missed this fine dining experience. gross! i love the straight hair, did you do something chemical to it or do you straighten it every day? so cute!
I love it! And what happened to the 2nd picture where you can actually see there's a knife in your hand going for me? A little exaggerating on the amount of people at Village Inn, there were a few more than just 3 or 4, but yeah, not many were under the age of 65. It was such a fun night though, I laughed my head off again reading this post. Good job!
Thank goodness for our girlfriends, I'd die without mine. When are we going to hang out?
I agree with the previous post...YOU HAVE MORE GIRLS NIGHTS OUT THAN ANYONE I KNOW! It was nice of you to take the boys...I'm glad they behaved! Both activities seemed fun. I'm with you on the Village Inn, I for sure would have lost my appetite!
So just posted some....more to come, your hair is growing on me strait!!
ANGELA!!!!
Is that straight hair I see! I almost didn't recognize you. I thought it would never happen!
You look darling!
Hey, love the straight hair. It looks really good! You go woman!
I haven't laughed so hard in a long long time...I couldn't even talk, and was almost crying I was laughing sooo hard. I was amazed I could compose myself enough to let that poor waitress know that your boys just couldn't handle being in Village Inn much longer...they were such good boys! Our waitress 'completely' understood...she was much nicer than our waiter at Applebee's.
Thanks for a great evening!
Post a Comment