Tuesday, July 29, 2008

VISITING TEACHING DONE RIGHT!!!


For two years now I have had the most awesome visiting teaching partner and girls to visit! Last night we had our 2nd annual Visiting Teaching Pool Party at Amy's house! Amy has a beautiful pool in her backyard and so instead of going VT for 1 month in the summer, we have a pool party with all the girl's and their families. I will be sad when we ever get new partners and girls because it is such a fun time! We had a delicious BBQ and yummy homemade ice cream! It was a lot of fun to get together and to enjoy Amy's beautiful backyard! Hopefully we'll be doing this again next year!


Logan learning to jump! They LOVED this and made us do it over and over again!


Jan and cute little Brennan!


Grady & the boys enjoying the 90 degree water!


Enjoying the yummy BBQ!

Us girls...Jan, me, Amy, Theresa, and Katherine! (not the best picture of any of us...but what do you expect after 2 hours of swimming?! :)

11 comments:

Sara J Low said...

Ang- I love the swimming pool idea. What a great way to build lasting friendships! I'm sure you will all be friends for life! I know my parents are still friends with the wonderful people they were neighbors with when they were young.

p.s. Thanks for being such a wonderful friend to me. I appreciate your listening ear and allowing me to unload all my ridiculous drama on you. You've always been a great friend. Thank you!!!!

Jenny and Mark said...

What a great idea! How lucky for you guys-the Mccloys are great. Looks like good times-your boys are so cute in thier little swim shirts! Swimming is one of our favorite family activities, our kids never get sick of it.

Kelli J. said...

What a fun idea! Wish I was a GREAT Visiting Teacher like you!

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CAMERAHAPPY said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I'm glad that we live in such a fun close ward that enjoys our neighbors! The homemade ice cream is always a hit! YUM YUM!

Leah said...

HelLO! What fun!

Jamie said...

Seriously what a great idea! What fun times.

Aubrey said...

You mean visiting teaching cheating!!!! hehe, j/k...looks like fun. And whatever, you know you do this every month, just admit it. Wow though, makes me want a pool in my backyard!

Krista said...

hey way fun ang....it is a beautiful backyard...hey are you coming to zumba today? i hope so it is at 9am. what is your gmail email address? for whatever reason i don't have your updated address?

Ashlee Swensen said...

Looks like so much fun. There are such fun amazing people up there we really miss it.

buchanancasa said...

I swear, your family is going to need a 3 week nap after your crazy summer! And once again, thank you for that incredible dinner from the service auction. I still have your dressing bottle, but Amber has your small square dish now. I need that chicken recipe, it's delish!