The first one being my own father... I don't know how I ever got so lucky to have the most amazing father and friend. There are so many things about him that I love and admire! (And Dad, you asked for something mushy, so here you go!!!) To start off, I love his sense of humor and how he has a way of always making us laugh and keeping the party alive! I love his sense of adventure and how he enjoys getting out there to see and do new things! I love that vacations are so important to him and I am grateful for all the fun vacations we went on when I was younger, and for the ones we continue to go on together! I love that he is so spiritual and has always been a worthy priesthood holder in our family. I love that he continues to learn and challenge himself, whether it be memorizing scriptures or attending the temple weekly. I love his desire to serve, whether it be serving as a bishop, or inner city missionary, no matter what, he gives his all and loves the people he serves. I love the way he loves my mom and the example he has always shown us of a good and happy marriage. I love his strength and the faith he has in our Heavenly Father, especially when we are going through different trials as a family. I love the way he loved and cared for my mom when she was sick with cancer...he continually showed so much patience and the pure love of Christ. I love the way he never stopped trying to teach us what was right, even when there were many times I'm sure we didn't want to listen. I love how he is so smart with money and his finances, and for all he has taught us in that regard. I love how he is such a fun and loving Grandpa to all 9 of his grandkids...he is always trying to make time for each one of them. Well, I could honestly go on and on, but most importantly I am so grateful for his love for me and for always being there when I needed him. Happy Father's Day Dad!


Lagoon (1982) and Family Photo (1981)
.jpg)
"Papi" with Logan & Sawyer/Me & my Dad on my wedding day
The second father I am grateful for is the father of my two little boys. I loved Grady from the moment I met him, and my love for him continues to grow each and every day. We have been so blessed to have Logan and Sawyer come into our home, and it has been such a neat experience to learn and grow together as their parents. I always knew that Grady would be a good father someday, but he continues to surprise me everyday with the great love and patience and good example he shows to our boys. I love the way he teaches and disciplines them with kindness and patience. I love the way he gets down and plays with them, whether it be shooting hoops, chasing them around the house, rolling around on the ground, or reading them stories. He loves to spend time with them and always makes sure that we have a fun activity planned to go out and do so that they can experience new things. I also love that he is a worthy priesthood holder and able to practice that priesthood when needed to bless our children. I love the way he prays with and for our children. I love the way he shows love and respect to me as their mother, and the good example that that shows to them. And, once again, I could go on and on, but I am mostly grateful to him for being the kind of father that I know our Heavenly Father would want him to be. Happy Father's Day Grady, We love you!!!
.jpg)
Grady received the best Father's Day gift ever today...what was it you ask? Well, it was the boys first day of nursery!!! FINALLY some peace and quiet during church...it was lovely! The boys seemed to enjoy it too...they walked right in and never looked back at us. They made these cute little crafts that say "Daddy, I love you this much!", and they insisted on carrying them around the rest of the day.
This is cute little Sawyer trying to be like his Daddy by wearing his had and tie. The other picture is us trying to get the boys to look at the camera. Whenever I tried to pull it out, they would quickly turn away and laugh! They are such little teases!
The boys got their Daddy 2 little camping chairs for themselves so that they can go camping together. They also got him an "Anywhere Bed" that is an airmatress that sits on top of a cot like thing, along with other camping gear and 2 pairs of shoes! We had a fun day visiting both sets of Grandparents and enjoying 2 yummy BBQ's.







4 comments:
that is the best day ever, the first day of nursery! hallelujah, you can finally hear church again! :) it was so fun to see you on friday, let's do it again soon!
Wow, what a father's day you two had! The first day of nursery AND two bbqs!??
And what the crap...I haven't been to relief society in a year...landon will NOT go to nursery unless I sit in there with him. And when Lance is out of town I don't feel like dealing with it...if he were here maybe I would try harder to let him cry...I don't know. But good job...I hope that keeps up for you!
Great blog entry! SOunds like a remarkable father and we already know Grady is grat. Iam so happy you have two great men like theat in your life!! CUte piCs! I need your help to make my blog look better!!!
Ange, I apparently skipped over this amazing entry. Well done. Did you print this out and give it to Dad? Or did you have him read it online? Either way it was darling. I apparently didnt take any picts on Fathers day! But your entry has made me think, "What did we do?" Oh, well. I loved your old school picts of dad too! So fun!
Post a Comment