Monday, June 9, 2008

FOOD STORAGE...

This last week I have been stuck indoors with 2 sick little boys, so I decided to make the best of it by finally getting our food storage organized. The purchasing of it all has been a work in progress the last 6 months or so, but I think we are finally almost there!!! :) When Grady finished our basement he made me an extra room in addition to our cold storage room and put up really nice shelves...so, I've had what I've needed, I just haven't had the time to do it. And now that I am almost done, I just wanted to share my excitement!!! But most importantly, I wanted to share with everyone a really good resource that has helped me get to this point. A few of you are already aware that my sister started a free service of sending out emails to help families in her ward here in Herriman get started on their food storage. Well, that quickly grew into emailing thousands accross Utah and so she decided to start her own little business and make it worth her time. She explains everything on her website http://www.myfoodstoragedeals.com and so if you are interested, please take a look! If you read under 'About Us', it will help you understand exactly what she does. All I know is that this has saved me so much time, hundreds of dollars and has helped me know what I needed and when to buy it at the lowest possible price. Even though she is my sister, I am really not trying to sell this, I just know how good it feels to finally have this done and I know I couldn't have done it without her help! So, if you have a minute--check it out! And if you have any questions, feel free to ask or just email her at Shandra@myfoodstoragedeals.com. (I also have a link to her blog on this page). The following are a few pictures from her food storage room to help you get excited and inspired!!!


10 comments:

buchanancasa said...

Wow, that is inspiring. What a great service she is doing. I know I look forward to getting that email! Tell her thank you!

Aubrey said...

Wow, that is awesome. When we get back there, I would love to get started on that.

I think I could easily collect everything and store it BUT my hardest thing is using it! I wish it could just stay there forever! But I know it needs to get used before it goes bad! Dang

Diana said...

Awesome post Ange! I love that you added the pictures. I agree, with out her neither one of us would have our year supply! I do because of My Food Storage Deals! Thanks SHAN

The Burnah Clan said...

thanks for the link for tips cause I really need to get on this...that will be sooooo helpful!

Leah said...

Good working on your food storage. I am actually jealous of the great storage space that it sounds like you have!
And what about Slater?! I haven't heard a thing!

Jamie said...

Wow! Your sister is such an inspiration. Thanks again for letting me know about her site. We would love to go to the rodeo with you guys. Sounds like a lot of fun. What day are you planning on going? We still need to do that girls night out at Gardner Village. Love that place!

Frampton Family said...

Wow! I am way impressed! If we ever are in need of food, we'll be heading to your house. And I can't believe how organized it looks. I will definitely be coming to you for food storage advise.

Coby, Lynette and Kids said...

Look at you! That is amazing!! Go you I am trying to get there. Hopefully in the next couple months. Happy weather day.

Matt and Liz said...

That is so awesome Angela! You've inspired me to get on top of this! I found your blog through someone else's... i can't remember where! You can see mine at lizandmattfamily.blogspot.com.

Matt and Liz said...

I'd like to try your sister's website out! You said you could get me a deal? Both my sister and I would like to try it out. Let me know the best way to sign up.