All I can say, is I just LOVE long weekends! You would think that being a stay at home mom it wouldn't be as exciting anymore, but it still is! This weekend was a mixture between a lot of hard work and play! Saturday morning we started out the day with our Stake 5k walk/run. We had such a great time, even though sadly Grady, the boys, and I came in very last of all the runners/joggers. (Thanks Jamie, Audrey, Lynette, Krista and Heather for showing us up! :)Luckily there were a bunch of walkers behind us to make us feel a little better. Oh well, there is always next year to bring in the first place title for the stake 5k! If that wasn't enough exercise for one day, we then came home to work on our disaster of a back yard for 4-5 hours! Let's just say, we are now sadly experts on grub...the grossest looking worm you will ever see!!! We had two little "dry spots" last year but we didn't think much of it...until this spring. Low and behold those little devils spread through almost our entire back yard and gobbled it all up! Sadly there was too much damage for the grass to grow back and so we had to tear out all the dead sod, do several chemical grub treatments, till it, and then re-seed. HOPEFULLY it will grow back someday! It honestly brings a tear to my eye everytime I look out the window...so sad. All I can say, is that all you viewers out there, PLEASE learn from our mistake! Well, on a happier note, later that night we had a yummy BBQ at our house with our good friends Barry and Heather. We then headed off to see one of my all time favorite shows Indiana Jones! (other than The Man From Snowy River...there is just something about a man in a hat like Jim Craig's and Indiana Jone's that get's me every time!) It was just as corny and unrealistic as the previous three, but I loved every minute of it! Monday came too quickly...several of my cousins were visiting from out of state and so we went to my uncles house for a BBQ. It was great to see everyone and to catch up on everyone's lives. It's so fun to see now all our little kids running around playing together and to think that not long ago that was all of us! How time flies! Well, overall it was a great weekend! And even though we didn't do anything very patriotic, I did think a lot about how blessed we are to have such brave and selfless men and women that serve our country to protect our freedom. We live in such an amazing country and I will forever be grateful to those that give up so much to serve!


Me, Grady, the boys, Heather, Porter and Barry
Yeah...Go Us!!!
All those show offs that beat us to the finish line!
Our very sad looking back yard!
Our exhausted little boys...I brought them in from outside to feed them lunch and by the time I got something out of the fridge and pantry, this is how I found them! They were such hard little workers out there with us! :) (hopefully someday they will pull their load...that's why you have boys, right?!!!)
Ohhh Baby!










1 comments:
what a busy day! i'm so sorry about your lawn, what a pain! i LOVE the shot of them in the high chairs! one is funny enough, but twins asleep side by side is hilarious!
i don't know when the next herm things is, hardy decided to be in charge because she wanted it to be closer to her. :) quien sabe?
Post a Comment