
A few months ago we (my 3 sisters and parents), decided to go on a vacation without the kiddies and hubbies! I really didn't think it would end up happening, but it did! And we had such a blast!!! There was LOTS of laughter, late nights, yummy food, fun memories, and awesome sites! It truly couldn't have been more enjoyable! We flew in to Seattle on Friday the 2nd (and by the way, Elder Holland was on our flight and while we were waiting for our luggage, my sister and I went up to talk to him and we even got a hug! :) and then took a ferrie over to the Olympic Peninsula where we stayed in a condo at Discovery Bay (so pretty!). The first 2 days were spent touring the cute, little town of Port Townsend, attending church, and just relaxing and watching the Food Network (our favorite). The next day we got up and went to Port Angeles to take another ferrie to the island of Victoria, B.C. We spent the night there in another condo so that we could have more time to see all the cool sites. We went to the Butchart Gardens, to a really neat old castle, Fisherman's Wharff for dinner, the ocean, walked the cute streets of downtown Victoria, toured the famous Empress Hotel and much, much more. The next day we ferried back to the Penninsula and prepared ourselves for the day we had all been waiting for (at least the day that I had been waiting for:)...THE TWILIGHT TOUR!!! (this deserves it's own post however...so stay tuned!). The rest of our time was spent relaxing and eating and running and once again, watching the Food Network. Then, on Friday the 9th, we ferried back to Seattle where we spent the day shopping at Pikes Place Market, visiting the Seattle temple, eating and hanging out at the harbor. We were all very sad to see our week come to an end...it just flew by! Yet, we did miss our sweet husbands and our kids, and so that made it worth coming home. Thank you Grady for being such a wonderful husband and Daddy and for giving me such a fun and relaxing break! And for those of you who have never visited this part of the country before, I highly recommend it!!!! It is sooo BEAUTIFUL...I miss all the green! Just remember to bring a good rain jacket! :) Well, until next time!

.jpg)
Rainy Port Townsend.jpg)

The view from our condo in Discovery Bay, WA!
.jpg)
Good reading for the long ferrie rides!
The Beautiful Butchart Gardens!
Victoria, Canada...the capital of B.C.
.jpg)

I celebrated my 30th Birthday in Victoria where we ate seafood that night on Fisherman's Wharff and then had delicious Nanaimo and Buttertart bars for dessert! Yum, Yum! (30???!!!)

.jpg)
.jpg)

Pikes Place Market in Seattle! Very Cool!

.jpg)
Seattle, WA Temple...as you can see, we really lucked out on all the sunshine!

THE END!

.jpg)

.jpg)






7 comments:
Nice job taking the time to upload all those darling photo's! We really did have a blast!
You got some amazing photos!! It must have been amazing. Having just recently gotten a similar break-not quite the amazing location, but enjoyable company nonetheless-I completely agree about how great it is to get a break and how much sweeter it is coming home afterwards! Glad you had a wonderful time!
isn't seattle awesome? it is such a great city. love all your pics-- makes me miss home!
Your pictures are so cute! I am so glad I was able to introduce your family to Nanaimo Bars and Butter Tarts. I sent Diana recipes for both treats so make sure she shares them with your family. It was so good to see you guys!!
Lisa
It looks like you had so much fun and that was very nice of your hubby to let you escape. It looks gorgeous and very green and lush. I am very excited to go. I've got my rain jacket I just need to get some walking shoes. Stay tuned for pictures!
Hey I loved your blog - well done. I think I might just forward your blog to my friends so they can see what we did and I don't have to blog :) That vacation was really soo much fun - thanks for the memories!
Do you remember I lived in Washington? From 5th to 10th grade. Anyway, I was looking at a lot of your pictures going, been there...seen that...so it was exciting to see them and it brought back some memories! It really is beautiful out there, but I can't stand all the clouds and rain ALL THE TIME! :)
Post a Comment