All I can say is that we had the most wonderful time!!! You would think that 13 days on vacation would be long enough, but it wasn't! Especially coming home to SNOW!
Well, to start out the trip, we stayed at Grady's parents condo in St. George the first night. We had a fun time visiting with them, but then woke up and headed to Temecula, CA. This is where all 27 of us (my parents, sisters, and their families) stayed our second night at my Aunt & Uncles house! You may call us crazy, but we have done it every time, and every time we have a blast with them! They have a beautiful home with tennis courts, swimming pool, hot tob, etc. and so we feel like we're on a resort when we are there. Plus, we can't miss out on Pat & Oscars while visiting Cali...they have THE MOST AMAZING bread sticks EVER! Not to mention yummy pizza, ribs and BBQ chicken. After going to church with them and coming home to a delicious dinner, we all packed up and headed off to Oceanside, CA. This is where we stayed in one of my parents condos for the next few nights. It is such a cool resort just walking distance from one of the best beaches in California! While there we played at the beach a lot, went sight seeing in San Diego, visited Cabrillo National Monument, went to the tide pools where we saw star fish and other sea life, unfortunately ate at a "cheap, hole in the wall, Chinese Restaraunt", and ended our last night at La Jolla Beach which was the most beautiful place at sunset! (not to mention all the cute sea lions there!) The weather in Oceanside/San Diego was very pleasant...in the 70's...but after a few days we were ready to head off to warmer weather!








9 comments:
Angela, it looks like you had lots of fun on your vacation! I can tell ya I am ready for one myself! Hannah has been truely blessed, all these things that we thought were wrong with her the news just gets better everytime we talk to the doctors. Your boys are getting so big! I can't believe you new little one is almost here too!
Okay, I've decided that next year, I'm going to sneak in your suitcase. Or, better yet, I'll just move down to the 85 degree weather and you can come visit me at my beach house! :)
It looks like you guys had a blast and I'm glad you got to go before you have your third little boy! It's so neat that your family does trips like this every year.
I'm impatiently waiting for part 2. . .love to read about "our wonderful life"!!! Aren't those little "2 year olds" so CUTE??? Love, Mom
Small world....Paul's brother and fam live in Temecula. We love it there and have partaken of Pat and Oscar's great breadsticks ourselves! Yum! In fact, now that you mention it, it's about time for a road trip....
What a fun trip! It's always nice to escape the real world and enjoy some sun and especially before baby #3 comes! I'm sorry that you had to come home to snow though, good ol Utah!
jealous, jealous, jealous! That is all I can say.. but I am glad you had fun. cute pics!
I am so jealous! What a great time to schedule a vacation to SUNNY California. I need to do that every year in Jan or Feb. Looks like you had a blast! Did Grady tell you we saw him at the doctors? Your boys are darling.
Whoa! That's a lot of stuff! I'm sooo jealous! Looks like you had a blast.
What a fun vacation!! Your little boys look like they had a ball. You have such a darling family!
Post a Comment