
Thanks to my good friend Loralie, Grady and I had the most wonderful, relaxing, Valentines Day ever! Loralie very kindly offered to watch our boys for us so that we could go out and celebrate the big love day! It was such a nice little break because she had them from Saturday afternoon until late Sunday afternoon! We were even able to go to church ALONE...without ANY distractions...it was lovely! So, while our boys were partying it up at their house, Grady and I had a 2:00 reservation at Tucanos at the Gateway. It was sooo delicious! And because it was Valentines, they had red linen tableclothes, roses, candlelight, and yummy chocolate covered strawberries! We even got to keep the roses once we were through with dinner! We had a great time!
After dinner we then walked around Gateway to do a little shopping and then went to an early movie. It was nice because we beat all the crazy crowds! We got done around 7:00 and were able to go home, get some dessert and just enjoy our nice quiet house!
We were seriously in awe at how easy our lives were before the cute little tikes came along. We definitely took the 2 years we were married without kids for grantide because it was so fun to be able to do whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted and just be alone together! However, I will admit that we missed Logan & Sawyer VERY MUCH!!! I wouldn't change back time for anything, but the break was nice! Unfortunately, they didn't miss us as much as we missed them! I was so excited to go pick them up after church and to see their faces when they saw me, but my excitement was for nothing because as soon as they saw me they went back to playing with Loralies kids and didn't give me a second thought. The life of a "mommy" I tell ya!
Our original plan was to go stay the night at the Marriott downtown, but the day before I was going to make the reservation, I went to Costco and saw this:
It is the external hard drive that I have wanted for A LONG time! I have really gotten into digital scrapbooking and it scares me to death that I don't have any of it backed up anywhere. So, this little beauty would solve ALL my problems! I called Grady right then and asked him if we could trade our romantic night away for something a little less romantic...luckily for me he was okay with it (after a little persuading) and I am now the proud owner of this little black box! Thank you Grady for such a fun day...I couldn't ask for a more wonderful Valentine than you! I love you! And thank you Loralie for making it all happen...I love you too! :)
7 months ago






8 comments:
What a fun day! And you look so cute!
Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm way jealous of the little black box! (and the night with out kids) but mainly about the box! I'll have to have you show me some digital stuff! Oh, and when you go private, I would love to be able to keep in touch. My email is bjfrancis20@aol.com. Talk to you later~
Sounds like an awesome . Mine was spent sick on the couch. I told my husband about you trade for the hard drive. He laughed, that something he would do!
You crack me up!! You know you've been married for awhile, when valentines gifts are traded in for computer equipment. Ha-ha. Glad you had a good time.
Lucky ducks! I've never heard of a baby sleepover with friends! That's awesome!
What a fun getaway, without the away! Where have you been hiding lately?? I feel like I haven't seen ya in awhile. Hope things are going good.
I really am having a hard time remembering that you are private! Ah, cute post about V-day. Yes, you were very lucky to have Loralie help you out. What a fun night for the two of you...Happy Anniversary today too! Oh, and welcome back to the cloudy city of Herriman!! Ah, let's go back to California ASAP!!!
i really want to get in to digital scrapbooking but i have no idea where to start... you need to give me a lesson! and i'd love to see some of your pages!
Post a Comment