Monday, December 15, 2008

FESTIVAL OF TREES...

My friend Emily and I took our kids to the Festival of Trees 2 weeks ago. It is a tradition to go every year but I knew that Grady and I wouldn't make it there over the weekend, so I'm glad that we were able to go. Logan and Sawyer have been completely fascinated with Snowmen and Christmas trees this year. As soon as they wake up in the morning, they run to the tree and plug in the lights. So, this was quite the treat for them to be able to see sooo many beautiful Christmas trees and lights! We had a really good time and surprisingly all the kids did really well! Thanks Emily for the fun day!

Our first stop was to see Santa...the boys were all excited while waiting in line, but as soon as it was our turn Sawyer FREAKED out and just started screaming and running around. Luckily Santa was very nice and got up out of his chair to come kneel by us and give the boys a candy cane. Once he did that, they both stopped crying right away and just kept staring at him. Ever since they have been in love with Santa...so, hopefully next years Santa visit will go a little more smoothly!
Cute Haylee wasn't too thrilled about Santa at first either, but at least they made it over to his chair!
My happy boys, now that they got their candy canes!
This was one of mine and my boys favorite trees...the boys loved the rocking horse, and I just thought the tree was so cute! But of course anything cowboyish I love!
And of course another favorite of mine was the "Cullen Christmas Tree"...I really thought this was hilarious! Seriously...you'd have to be a HUGE Twilight fan to pay that kind of money for this tree! It was sold though...so there is a freaky fan out there somewhere!
Emily and I got a kick out of this gingerbread house too...can you see Edward standing in the tree in front of the house? Yes, once again, another Twilight theme this year!
Last but not least, the boys were so excited when they found a snowman! It sure has been fun this year experiencing all these new things with them...last year they were still pretty clueless, but this year they just eat it up and get so excited! So much fun!

1 comments:

Aubrey said...

where IS the festival of trees held? Did you go all the way downtown? It looks cool...I'll have to do that next year.