Wednesday, November 5, 2008

OCTOBER FUN...A.K.A TRYING TO GET CAUGHT UP!

***I should have just done a slide show, but I can't ever figure those things out...so here ya go! Nice and LONG!!!


~CONFERENCE WEEKEND~

Conference weekend is one of my most favorite times of year! I have always loved listening to General Conference, ever since my Mom had us play bingo with candy when we were little. On my mission it became even that more meaningful to me in my life. Living in a foreign country with only little struggling branches and new members became difficult and draining at times. And so when we were able to listen to Conference via satelite there, it was like coming home and the biggest spiritual boost just to hear the voices of the apostles and prophets that you have come to know and love all your life. I feel very grateful to know that we have a living prophet of God to guide us and to lead us during this difficult time in which we live. I always listen to conference with a question I have in my mind or a problem I am dealing with, and without doubt always receive the answer that I need and am looking for. I feel so blessed to have the truth of the gospel in my life and already can't wait until the next conference!
During the Sunday morning session we had Grady's parents over for breakfast and to enjoy the session with us.
I made our traditional General Conference breakfast...Pumpkin waffles...Mmm good!

The boys enjoying their breakfast!


~A DAY AT SNOWBIRD~
Thanks to our good friend Jamie in the ward, we were able to spend a fun day up at Snowbird. It was so nice to get away and to enjoy the beautiful fall leaves and mountains! After a stop off at Chic-fil-ee, we all car pooled up to Jamies condo where we hung out for the day (now I know why I don't allow my kids to eat in the car...I was being tagged by chicken nuggets right and left! Luckily we were in a rental car that day!) We had a fun time swimming, hot tubbing, and relaxing in the condo. Overall it was a pretty successfull day considering us adults were out numbered 5 to 12! Thanks Jamie for the fun!

The beautiful world we live in! I just love this time of year!

The big herd heading into the condo! We were quite the site...luckily it wasn't too busy!

The brave ones trying out the COLD pool!

Warming up in the hot tub!
What little studs...Sawyer, Logan and Landon!
All tuckered out...after a long swim, all the kids came back in and were glued to Toy Story...perfect way to end the day!

~GARDNER VILLAGE TAKE II~
We have hit Gardner Village several times this year. This night was the traditional night with my family, along with the Roberts. As usual, we had a great time! We have had such nice weather this fall, but for some reason this night was FREEZING! Luckily this time we brought along our own hot cocoa and mugs! Until next year, goodbye to all the witches!

Some of the gang (my sisters and all their in-laws come along too, so there was many more of us!)
Our little fam...it felt just like yestarday that we took a picture in that exact same spot last year when the boys were little....crazy!
The Roberts...thanks Heather for the yummy cocoa!

Me and my boys...they sure love "mumkins"...aka pumpkins!

Me and my cute hubby!

~THE GREAT PUMPKIN PATCH~
Last year we started the tradition of coming to the Pumpkin Patch to pick out a pumpkin for the boys. This year was a lot more fun than last! For some reason the boys have had an obcession with pumpkins ever since they learned what they were this month. The pumpkins they picked out and brought home have been their prized possessions ever since! You got to love the simple pleasures in life! Having children helps you to remember what those are and it makes life so much fun!

They were in awe with how many pumpkins there were everywhere!

Logan saying..."mom, look at all these pumpkins!!"

Sawyer fell in love with the first one he saw, luckily it was a cute one that mommy approved of!

Family pic and the boys walking through the corn maze.

The next best thing...they have so many cute places to take pictures here and one of them is on the cool old tractors.
Logan and Sawyer couldn't get enough of the tractors, they had to sit on every single one of them!
Their new thing lately are their letters...every letter they see they have to point it out...it's been fun to see their excitment in learning new things!


~BARNYARD BOO!!~
Every year we go to the Barnyard Boo at Thanksgiving Point. This year we were lucky to have our good family friend Summer, visiting from California, here with her two little kids to enjoy it with! We had such a good time! And of course the big hit was the pony rides and sugar cookies! Thanks Summer for spending a few days with us! We sure LOVED having you here!

All the grandkids, plus Ethan and Bella! And Sawyer getting ready for the real thing!


Logan and Sawyer as happy as can be doing their favorite thing!
Summer and Ethan on his first pony ride!
Summer and her beautiful little girl Bella! We LOVED all her bows! :)
To end the night off right, all the kids got an animal balloon...here is Sawyer and Logan with their monkey and elephant!


~THRILLER...GIRLS NIGHT OUT~
This month for our ward girls night out we decided to go to Thriller at Kingsbury Hall. I have been quite a few times (thanks to my friend Alli who introduced me to it quite a few years ago), and still enjoy it! For those of you who haven't been, it's a fun Halloween show (a little gory though) put on by Odessey Dance company. They are simply amazing! My favorite will always be the skeleton dance and The River Blood Dance...way funny! We had a great night...thanks girls for the fun!
We tried and tried to get a clear picture of this, as you can see it didn't happen!
Emily, Tiffany, me, Amber and Rachel...what cute and fun girls!
Making Amber take a picture by the scary headless dude!
The best part of the night...Amber getting scared to death by a scary girl in a dark cloak at the top of the stairs...she was so scared she fell backwards all the way down! Thanks Amber for the good laugh!
Nothing better than Chili's Southwestern egg rolls, nachos, and chocolate molten cake at 10:30 at night!


~TRICK-OR-TREATING AT GOLDMAN SACHS~
Every year at Grady's work they have all the kids come in to trick or treat. They really do a good job getting all dressed up and having TONS of good candy for the kids. Logan and Sawyer were a little hesitant at first, but after a few stops they were determined to get as many "treats" into their little pumpkin. They scored big time and ended up having a lot of fun once they learned what the objective was!
Here is Grady and his good buddy Brant with his little boy Brody...they are always telling eachother "what good boys they have", so here is a picture of "the boys!"
Brant and his cute little fam...Jodi and Brody

Grady and his other good friend Dave with his little boy Parker.

Grady's other co-worker Kolton and his little fam
Last but not least, Grady's long time car pool buddy Todd Kearney...aka T-Cakes.
Logan and Sawyer raiding the last of the candy while no one was looking!


~HALLOWEEN NIGHT~
We had a very fun, yet BUSY Halloween! It started off at Grady's work, and then on the way home we stopped by my Grandparents house to go trick-or-treating. Then, we headed over to my sisters for dinner (Hot Dog BBQ), and then hit a few houses there. After that, we then all went to my parents neighborhood to do some more trick-or-treating. My dad was a die hard when we were little...he would always say, "One more house!", until we were dragging and he'd then have to carry us. Well, he is still the same way with all the grandkids! We could barely keep up! Once it started to get too cold and rainy we headed home. But boy did we have fun while it lasted! The boys just kept saying, "more treat!" I don't think they really understood what was going on, but they sure loved putting another treat into their pumpkin! Well, until next Halloween! Thanks to my boys, I think I have enough candy to last me until then!
Grandpa & Grandma Perry
I never really got a good shot of them in their cowboy outfits...but they were sure handsome!!!
Uncle Toddy...a.k.a BBQ King!! It's been the tradition the last few years to BBQ hot dogs at my sisters house and pass them out rather than candy. I must say, it's been a HUGE hit!!! People come from far and wide to get a hot dog...you can even have a chilli dog if you want! Way to go Todd...keep up the good work!
All the cute grandkids! It looks like we missed the memo on the "super hero theme" this year...oh well, I had to throw in a cowboy costume before my boys start choosing what they want to be! And the next pic is the winner for the best dressed superhero family! Way to go Pecks!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

wow, what a month! looks like you've been having a LOT of fun! we need to get together soon...

Moleff Family! said...

LOVE IT! You Rock! Great pics and lots of fun! Girls night is definetly a hit! Your boyz look fabulous as cowboys too! Love ya!

buchanancasa said...

Like I said before, I seriously get tired sometimes just reading about all your busyness! You live life to the fullest. Your little cowboys look soooo cute, how fun to dress them together. When do you find out the sex of your baby?

The Wood Family said...

Looks like you had a fun month! We also went to Thriller my niece made odyssey dance thriller production and she was on the traveling team so we all went down to St. George Halloween week. It was way fun she was in the same production as Matt Dorame from so you think you can dance so we got to meet him. I will have to post pictures on my blog.

Tiffany said...

Looks like you had a ton of fun in October! Girl's night was so much fun! I can't wait for the next one! Twilight!! Yeah! Your boys are so cute in their cowboy outfits!

Jamie said...

Phew! That was a lot of stuff. I was beginning to wonder if you were going to give up on blogging…..glad to see you haven’t! :) Looks like you guys had a great month. Very cute as always. Miss you at aerobics. Only one week til TWLIGHT!! Let the countdown officially begin. I am so excited! I can’t stand it! Everytime I see a premerie on TV my hear skips a beat!!

Aubrey said...

Wow, that's a whole lot going on in one month!!! Looks like fun though...forget superheros...those are the best looking cowboys I've seen! What a costume! You're right though...you don't have very much time left before they will make their own demands on what to be.

Grandma Lou said...

Dear Angela,
You are amazing. . .I love seeing--or "reseeing" all the fun you and your little guys have. . .You are an amazing little momma. . .find some time to drop them off with Dad and me to play--for you to play and us to play with them!!! Love, Mom