Yes, like many other crazy Twilight fanatics...a bunch of us from my ward headed out WAY past our bedtime to see the midnight showing of Twilight on Thursday. All I can say is what a fun night!!! I simply loved every minute of it...except of course for the last 30 minutes of it while driving home at 3:00 a.m.!!! I tell ya, I'm just not as young as I used to be! But, it was sure worth it! We started the night off right by going out to eat at yummy Tepanyaki. We had a delicious dinner and a great time visiting together.
Erin, Tiffany, Amy (Tiffany's cousin with VIP connections!), me, Jamie, Amber, and Jillinda...very sadly Lynette was missing in action that night!
We have such fun and beautiful girls in our ward...it is always a good time when we all get together!
After dinner we all headed over to The District to waste a few hours before the big show began. We had a great time just visiting, sneaking into the VIP party upstairs (thanks to Tiffany's cousin), taking as many silly posing pictures as we could, and eating lot's of ice cream until we were stuffed!
This motorcycle was the reason we were able to get in...Amy's husband delivered the motorcycles to all the theatres where they had a fake Jacob posing by it for pictures.
Us posing in front of the VIP Prom back drop...all the other obsessed fans paid $45 to get into this exclusive party...luckily we got in for FREE! Needless to say, we were a little underdressed up there. Everyone else was sporting their formal dresses and were all decked out! No thank you!
MY OPINION:
I am aware that Summit Entertainment never asked me for my opinion on anything, but I feel that if they would have, they could have got the movie right on. Instead, there were MANY flaws that I noticed. Now, overall I REALLY enjoyed the movie! However, I did go into it with very low expectations and because of that I was pleasantly surprised. I would watch it again, I will buy the video for sure, and I will definatley watch the next movie when it comes out! I was just disappointed in the fact that they missed so many obvious things to prevent it from being perfect! First of all...Bella and Edwards relationship did not develop at all in the beginning of the movie...one second they were giving eachother looks of death, and the next minute they were proclaiming their love. If you were a viewer that had never read Twilight, you would have no idea what they were thinking and feeling!
Second, what the heck was up with Jasper??? I feel that overall the other characters were right on (other than Bella's low voice and fluttering eyelashes), but Jasper was some little goofy wimp with poofy hair where he should have been the strong, ruggid, handsome fighter.
Third, Edward's wardrobe and volvo were all wrong!!! The skinny jean grunge look and hatchback Volvo were completely off! This is the Volvo that Stephanie Meyer had in mind when she described the car...not a hatchback!
I know that I could come up with more flaws, but those were the main ones that I thought were completely wrong! It just makes me wonder if the producers and director even read the book? Oh well, maybe they'll do better with the next one. Now, just to give them credit...here were two things that were exactly right...the original Forks High School sign in front of the wrong high school they filmed it at.
And, La Push! It was fun to see some of the shots of where I've been...all I know is that La Push beach and the rain forests there are simply amazing!!!
.jpg)














7 comments:
Dang! You are a true Twilight fan!! Sounds like it was a really fun night.
what a blast we had! U are awesome Ang and I am glad we have made so many memories already since becoming good friends! I have to say though all these pictures I am looking pretty chuncky, what the heck?? Love ya~!
That was a fun night! It seriously took me two days to recover, though. I don't know if it's being pregnant, having a cold, or just being old! I won't be going to any midnight showings anytime soon. Glad I got to sit by you at dinner and the movie, and waiting in line for the bathroom.
I KNEW I'd be hearing about you going to the midnight showing! I was wondering if you went or not! I love your whole post..you hit it all right on the nail..I really wondered too if anyone read the book while putting the movie together!
And look at you guys making a whole night of it! We tried to nap before we left the house at 10:30! We're pitiful!
Ok, is it bad that I totally don't remember taking that last picture?? I am trying to remember when that was taken. Anyways, YEAH for Twilight I can't believe it FINALLY came and then went. It really was a great night.
It sounds like you had such a fun night. I can't wait to see the movie. I've heard mostly good about it. I need to go.
I love it too! But I noticed a lot of the little things that stood out to me were missing. Like the party Bellas famiy had for her, their house was all wrong from what I pictured, etc. But I still loved it. I have to say that Edward does nothing fo rme, Emmett however was totally my type!!
Post a Comment