Tuesday, September 9, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!


Today is my Mom's 54th birthday and I would just like to take a minute to wish her a HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I have said this before, but I really do have the most amazing mom! I love her so much....for who she is, what she stands for, how she lives her life to the fullest, for all that she has done and continues to do for me, and most of all for making our family so happy and complete! I don't know what we would do without her! So thank you mom for being you and for being such a wonderful mother, grandma and friend! WE LOVE YOU!!!


This last Saturday my mom and I went to Antelope Island for her birthday...you may be asking why the heck we'd want to spend the day there...well, the answer is OUR LOVE for HORSES!!! She found out about this little ranch called Fielding Garr Ranch that used to be owned by the church, but is now ran by the state. There they have horseback riding on the Island where a guide takes you wherever you want to go to look at scenery, the buffalo, antelope, and other wildlife. The best part was that they had really nice horses and so they weren't your typical boring trail horses. These horses have all been in movies like Work and the Glory, the new Joseph Smith movie, and many more. We had such a great time!!! I definately got my love of horses from my mom, and so it was such a perfect day to be able to spend it with her doing our favorite thing! We had a cute little tour guide named Lonnie, who was a lot of fun to talk with and who took us on a 2 hour guided tour up and around the island. It was really quite beautiful! I could have stayed there all day, but I don't think my legs could have taken much longer. We were both quite shaky and sore after that long of a ride, but it was sure worth it! On our way home we stopped for lunch at the Crown burger...yum! So thanks mom! We'll have to make this a tradition! And next time I'll be the one to pay, since it was your birthday and all! :)
My mom and her HUGE horse Navajo!
Me and my horse Charcoal...she was beautiful!
We climbed about 1500 feet until we reached the top of the island...here are the two views from both sides of the island...this was the pretty view!

Here is the other view of the salt flatts and looking towards Salt Lake.
We saw tons of buffalo (bison)...they are such big and scary looking animals...especially when you get close up!
Us once we reached the top!

Here is part of the cute little farm house that the Garr family used to live in (Brigham Young sent them there to take care of the livestock that members used to pay their tithing with). We took a little tour inside and saw all the old furniture, washing machines, kitchen appliances, etc.
I LOVE old trucks...so I just had to get a picture of this one! THE END!

6 comments:

The Burnah Clan said...

that looks VERY fun...how much does a trip like that cost?

Sarah said...

this does look like a blast! i love riding horses, despite the inevitable soreness afterward. what a great b-day for your mom!

Krista said...

Hey Ang! I have found something that you just HAVE to see! Go to Kateka's blog, http://loveemeedoo.blogspot.com/. I was completely mesmorized by the love and sincerity in the "Lullaby".

Aubrey said...

Lance and I saw this post and thought it was the awesomest thing! Where the heck did you hear about doing this? Never heard about it before! Looks like fun.

Sara J Low said...

Ang- I just love reading your blog. You've got great adventures, awesome pictures and lots of love to share! You're an amazing person! I love this post about your mom and the fun trip to the island!

I'll have to swing by this week and grab my books sometime. Let me know when you're available.

Kari said...

I have been meaning to call you!! I am getting soooo nervous! Both boys are head down, so that's good!! I see Dr Lloyd. I really don't think I will make it to next wednesday, especially since I am already a 4-5. yikes! i'm just worried about how fast I will go and making it to the hospital in enough time!! I am sure everything will work out ok, were you really nervous when you had your boys? I think I am most nervous about getting an epidural and having to deliver in the OR. Oh, and the 2 babies part too! :) Anyways, we'll keep you posted!