Tuesday, September 2, 2008

LOGAN & BEAR LAKE GETAWAY!

Once again, I'm a little behind...2 weekends ago we planned a little getaway with some friends in our ward. Our destination was Bear Lake (Blue Water Resort)! I just LOVE Bear Lake, it's sooo beautiful, but mainly because I've been going there since I was a little girl with my family. It was a quick trip, but we had a really good time! Grady, the boys, and I left on Thursday morning and headed up to Logan. Grady knows how much I LOVE Logan and so he got a hotel room that night so that we could spend the day just hanging out and allowing me to give him the big tour of all my college memory spots. We took a tour of the old Tabernacle where I used to have Stake Conference, we went to the Logan Temple, Utah State campus, my old apartments and some fun hang out spots. We then had dinner at my very favorite resteraunt there...the really old Blue Bird Restaraunt. That place was there when my Grandma Aitken went to college, and when she and my mom brought me up for my first year's orientation, she took us there. Lot's of good memories...and so yummy! We then went to Charlies...the yummiest little ice cream shop! The next morning we headed off to Bear Lake where Justin & Tiffany, and Jimmy & Emily met up with us. We stayed in a little condo right off of the lake. It was such a nice, relaxing weekend, but most of all, so fun just to get away with friends! We went swimming, hung out at the beach, ate LOTS, played the Celestial Newly Wed Game (way funny!), went out to eat at Grandma's Pantry (really yummy pizza place), and then out for shakes! Sunday morning we all got up for the 9:00 a.m. church and then headed back for lunch. I just LOVE summer and all the fun activites we can do...it is sad to see it come to an end, but I'm glad we were able to end it with something fun! Thanks Britton's and Denos's for coming along!!!

P.S. The following are some pic's...I can't get the slideshow thingy to work, so this will have to do! (You can click on the collage to enlarge them)

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Thanks so much for the fun time! It was a blast! We'll have to do it again sometime. Since it's getting cold, we need to plan a trip down south!

Jillinda said...

What a fun trip. Sometimes the little getaways are the best.

Ashlee Swensen said...

How fun! I love the Blue Bird Logan is such a fun little peaceful town. I loved living there for a while. Just those places that you listed brought back so many memories. Fun times!