Let me just start by saying that rodeos are the one thing that I look forward to most each summer. I am definitely a country girl at heart and being at the rodeo just makes me feel happy and at home. Grady of course knows this about me and so even though the dark clouds over our head looked very threatening...we were both being optimistic on our drive to the Riverton rodeo grounds. We both could have sworn that the wind was blowing the opposite direction! Sadly though, after buying our tickets, finding a seat and then 10 seconds in the hot dog and burger line....it started to POUR!!! I'm talking buckets of water being poured on us! I was soaked by the time I walked back to Grady and the boys. We were so optimistic that night that we didn't even bring an umbrella!
This is how I found them when I made my way back from not buying hamburgers. They were drenched! Yet, the boys were surprisingly okay with it all. Even though they were sitting there cold and shaking, they were still happy because we were there to watch the horsies.
We tried to sit it out as long as we could but the rain just kept coming, so we decided to call it a night. Grady and I cracked up when once we were in our warm car, Logan and Sawyer both said, "Mommy, fun watching horsies!" They are such positive and happy little guys...a good example to me for sure! That simple little statement will always stick with me and remind me to always look on the bright side...even though it may be gloomy, cold, and rainy!
Because we were all still starving, we decided to go to Astro Burger to get some food and to dry off. We had a yummy, high caloric meal and then headed home for the night. I was sad that we had missed the rodeo and that once again rain had ruined one of our fun plans this summer, but we still had "fun" nonetheless! :)
This is the beautiful rainbow we saw walking out of Astro Burger...it was so bright and big! The camera definately didn't give it justice!
Here are some other pretty views we were able to enjoy that night!
Here is just a cute picture of my little cowboys...as you can see this was before the rain came when they were still warm and dry, treats in hand and ready for a fun night! Hopefully next year!
7 months ago







0 comments:
Post a Comment